Sunday, March 25, 2012

1880's Pretty Advertisement Tags

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

~ Percy Bysshe Shelley ~



These beautiful Victorian illustrations
inspired me to create within minutes of finding them!
I didn't have to add much, as they were already so charming.
The little girl illustration didn't have any typography,
so in keeping with the clothing theme,
I added part of an advertisment for spool cotton.

Here are the sources for the
free graphics I used.
Thank you!

*Vintage Images*

*Altered Bits*

These tags are free for
your personal use ~ please enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. And Spring arose on the garden fair,
    Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
    And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
    rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

    ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley ~

    This and your Victorian maidens capture any romantic heart;)) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have hit the jackpot every time I download your fabulous tags. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderbar, diese nostalgischen Motive. Eine großartige Arbeit! Vielen Dank für so wunderschöne Geschenke.
    Umarmungen, Bärbel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, lovely vintage tags. I really enjoy your poetry verses too wonderful way to get to read some poems. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these vintage tags!!!
    Thank you very much!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 30, 2012

    Thank you very much for your tags...I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prachtige plaatjes ik heb zitten genieten en ook wat moois meegenomen. Dank je wel!!
    groetjes Corrie

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa