Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sweet Yellow Primroses

Voice of Spring

"Come, I come! ye have called me long,
I come o'er the mountain with light and song:
Ye may trace my step o'er the wakening earth,
By the winds which tell of the violet's birth,
By the primrose-stars in the shadowy grass,
By the green leaves, opening as I pass."

~ Felicia D. Hemans ~


Primroses are some of the sweetest little flowers.
They're a true sign of Spring... and although I don't have
any in my garden, I'd like to, someday...

Here are the free sources I used to create
these sweet yellow primrose tags:

*Altered Bits*

*The Graphics Fairy*

*Green Paper*

*Vintage ephemera*

*Vintage Images*

Thank you!!


These tags are yours free
for personal use only ~ please enjoy!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I love this - especially the Felicia D. Hemans quote! Wonderful post to read for the morning time :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ~ I set out to find a quote or poem including primroses... and "Voice of Spring" overcame my expectations. Such beautiful imagery in those words!

      Delete
    2. Yes I agree completely. The imagery in those words is very powerful.

      Delete
  2. Danke, liebe Megan für die wunderbare Arbeit und ein Dankeschön für die lieben Worte auf meinem Blog.
    Beste Grüße, Bärbel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful poem to compliment the wonderful primroses! Very sweetly nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you once again, Megan - you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Megan for all the beautiful things you share with us.
    greetings from ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much!
    They are really gorgeous!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  7. These primroses I wouldn't have to worry about the local squirrels getting into. lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for these beauties!

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa