Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sweet Wild Roses

"The wild rose-briar
is sweet in spring,
Its summer blossoms
scent the air."

~ Emily Dickinson ~



My parents live in a Cape cod style home
that they built on a wooded lot...and while most 
of the underbrush was cleared away years ago, 
there are places out back and to the side where it 
remains naturalized... and that is where
all the wild flowers, and roses, bloom.

Here are the free sources for my artwork:

*Golden Egg Vintage*

*Percy & Bloom*

*Vintage Ephemera*


"I will be the gladdest thing under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one."

 
~ Edna St. Vincent Millay ~ 

15 comments:

  1. I just love these. So beautiful. Your parents cottage sounds so sweet. I would love to have a place like that. I need to get a colored ink cartridge for my printer, so I can print some of your beautiful creations off. Hugs, Rea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next spring I'm going to plant pink fairy roses! Nothing smells like the old fashioned wild roses. Thanks!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are just lovely, Megan! I think that your vdesign is much prettier than the original by Eastman's! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the tags and bookmarks, too. I'll have to print some off to send in the cards I make. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Lovely digis, thanks so much.

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful roses. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful. Roses are my favorite flower. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 25, 2012

    Amazing and beautiful wild roses. Thank you Megan for sharing your wonderful art work. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing the enchantingly beautiful bookmarks and tags. You are so talented, as well as generous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so lovely, Megan! Thank you ever so much for sharing!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh! You are so talented! This is amazing what you have done with my bookmark! I'm so happy that SOMEONE can take these old paper treasures to another level for us! I buy them, and then they just end up going into a box! Haha.
    Thank you so much. I'll be following.
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa