Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Re-purposed Centerpiece

Yesterday, I happened across this post at The Vintage Bag Lady blog.  The beautiful pictures inspired me to create a re-purposed centerpiece of my own.  I loved the idea of placing a pillar candle at the base of a vintage metal loaf pan, so that was my starting point...


My loaf pan isn't perfect... a while back I winced 
upon discovering it'd developed a circle of rust.
Now I like how the rusty imperfections glow in the candlelight.


This metal cup/scoop was a little Christmas gift from mom...
First, I placed the open handle over a side of my wooden box
(actually an old drawer found in our barn).
 In went a candle, then a little rosehip potpourri.


I made these orange pomanders last year... 
they dried nicely, and even retained their spicy, citrus scent. 

To make: 
Use a small nail to poke a pattern in the orange peel (try not to go too deep).
Place whole cloves in through those holes, and dust with cinnamon.
It's a good idea to rotate the fresh pomanders so they dry evenly.


I elevated the white candles on a few old metal pieces...
a small tarnished cup, and the filter from an enamelware coffee-maker.
Added a few sprigs of pine, and that was it!


"Nothing is what it was intended to be, 
in the hands of a creative person."
  
~ Steve Supple ~


I'm linking this project idea with:
Rustic, Recycled, And Chic

 Hope you leave here feeling inspired...
thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Wow...that is just lovely...so much nicer than mine...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to see my version... and yours is lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love the rust stains. And that quote is perfect!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pleasing arrangement, I like how you used neat stuff you already have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautifully decoarted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan!!!! what a wonderful idea....you are so creative....I love this centerpiece!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative...and perfect! I love the little tray used to reflect the candle light! Very smart! Happy New year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this arrangement!! This is such a creative use of all of your cool pieces :) Thank you so much for sharing this at my link party. I hope to see more of your projects - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=5878

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa