Saturday, January 26, 2019

Beautifully Broken


"Amid a life full
of stumbling blocks
& imperfection, we are
all grateful for second
chances."

~ Lynn G. Robbins ~



This paperweight has a nasty chip. First thing you noticed, right? No. In fact, the only way you'd know it's there is if you held it in your hands and turned it over to reveal the damage... or if I told you.

A picture can be altered, edited, filtered to serve a purpose. If you work at it, you can really present a beautiful version of reality. But that's what it is. A version.

I do enjoy editing photos and artwork, and evoking feeling through all of that. It's just I don't want to blur away all imperfection. That's where the most interesting stories are.

There is beauty in brokenness. There's beauty in honesty and wrinkles, and rust and wear.

There's beauty in time-tested, worn and weathered. And beauty in those who preserve and embrace the imperfections... in things, in others, and most importantly, themselves.


14 comments:

  1. I love the message of this blog. I miss your posts but I understand life sometimes interferes with what we want to do. Isn't it wonderful that we have a Saviour who can perfect the blemishes in our life and make them beautiful again. He is so good to all of us. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn! I'm sorry that you've missed my posts, but thankful to be able to share this one with you! I agree that it's wonderful that we can come to Jesus with our imperfections and weaknesses and rest in Him (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Bom demais você de volta! senti sua falta. Amo seu trabalho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautifully written and true

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I thought you were gone, there you were. Exactly what I needed to show up in my emails. "There is beauty in brokenness." Wow! Thank you for sharing this post. Blessings from below zero weather at the International Border, Port Huron, Michigan, USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie - I'm so thankful this was just what you needed, when you needed it! Thank you for sharing with me as well. Hope you're staying warm!!

      Delete
  5. Beautifully said Megan. Thank you. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your encouragement!!
    I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa