Friday, November 8, 2013

I Heard a Bird Sing

I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December
A magical thing
And sweet to remember...





'We are nearer to Spring
Than we were in September,'
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December.

~ Oliver Herford ~

Aren't these little robins sweet?
The first image is a FB cover photo.
The second is an 8 x 10" blank December
calendar.  The last image is 8 x 10"
paper for scrapbooking, etc.



Here are the free graphics &
sources
used in my artwork:


*TuckDB*
Robins & holly postcard
 
*Shadowhouse Creations*
Softly aged sepia texture

I also used the font Parchment for "December"


Thank you for stopping by!

23 comments:

  1. So very pretty, and so sweet!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this sweet Birds. I love them.
    Greatings Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que belleza!!!! Me encantó!!! adoro los pajaritos!!! Muchas Gracias!!! Besos y que tengas un hermoso fin de semana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making the lovelies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robins are my favorite springtime bird! Sweet.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn ~ yes, it's a always exciting to see them again in the springtime!

      Delete
  6. These are just darling; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan as always....so pretty. I followed the link to TuckDB...did you see the back of that postcard was mailed in 1906! Over 100yrs ago! I wonder who were Mrs Maggie & ME Dunn & what was their story? Thanks for the pretty...(((hugs))) patti :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, and thank you! I didn't see the back... it does make you wonder about them!

      Delete
  8. I like very much this image! The birds look so sweet! Thanks a lot! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, I love these. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us. Blessings ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola, acabo de conocer tu blog y me gusta mucho el trabajo que haces. Hace muy poco tiempo que he abierto un blog de imágenes de perfiles para móvil, ordenador. Si te apetece puedes visitarme www.perfileando.blogspot.com.es.

    Un saludo. Inmaculada.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this beautiful image. I love the soft and soothing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these birds are lovely! my mather loves birds and I canonot wait to use them on some christmas card. thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa