Tuesday, February 11, 2014

1902 Music & Pink Roses




Because

Because you come to me with naught save love,
And hold my hand and lift mine eyes above,
A wider world of hope and joy I see,
Because you come to me.

Because you speak to me in accents sweet,
I find the roses waking round my feet,
And I am led through tears and joy to thee,
Because you speak to me.

Because God made thee mine, I'll cherish thee,
Through light and darkness, through all time to be,
And pray His love may make our love divine,
Because God made thee mine.

~ Edward Teschemacher ~


The "Because" sheet music title page (copyright 1902)
as well as rose postcard are images from my personal
collection of ephemera.  Feel free to incorporate them
into your artwork!


Thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. One of my new fav's! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan that is truely breath taking! what a powerful and unassuming word" because"
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful - i'm a pianist, so the sheet music is gorgeous to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I love it! I just added it to my blog roll and I used one of your free stationary for a post that's going up Friday. Thanks so much!
    Cooking Up Faith
    www.cookingupfaith.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous, Megan! Thank you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa