Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Birds

"God loved the birds and invented trees.
Man loved the birds and invented cages."

~ Jacques Deval ~




This 1870's bird & cloche image turned out to look a little on
the spooky side, don't you think?  I didn't intend for it to turn
out that way when I made it, several months ago.  Thought
some of you might find a use for it this time of year...

Here are the free graphics

sources used in my artwork:

*The Graphics Fairy*

*Lilac & Lavender*

I will be sharing the image on the other side of the
1903 ephemera soon... hope you'll stop back again!

Thanks for visiting!


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I will use this. Love the tag idea. I loved this image too at The Graphics Fairy, did you see the card I made using it? Here's the link, http://theantiquewardrobe.blogspot.com/2012/09/bird-in-cloche.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. tHEY Are so beautiful, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Megan, the tag is ♥gorgeous♥ (both versions)! Thank you so much!

    And your card, Rea, is stunning!: ) Thank you for the link!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite Graphics Fairy images...I've printed it off in her two versions. This is really great, to have the tags, not something I'm able to do. Glad you do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely; great quote.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your artistic talent is amazing. Love the color tones - a beautiful vintage distressing - one of my favorites. Thank you so very much.
    Blessings-
    tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are gorgeous. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tags, thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful, Megan!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, just superb! I love the quote too. I have always hated seeing birds in a cage. I in fact avoid going through pet birds section in any store because it breaks my heart to see these birds cooped up when they were meant to fly free!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dziękuję :)http://scrapkimbabki.blogspot.com/2012/11/ptasie-trele.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like these birds, the colours are perfect!
    Thanks
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa