Friday, July 3, 2015

Queen Anne's Lace


"The great lesson is
that the sacred is in the ordinary,
that it is to be found in one's
daily life..."

~ Abraham Maslow ~



Printable sets of large and small tags, featuring
my favorite wildflower. Click here to read
a little more about the Berry Seed Company.


Printable Queen Anne's lace stationery (8.5 x 11").



I love Queen Anne's lace. At first glance, it looks simple... but
when you really look, you notice all the beautiful, intricate patterns.
I wonder how anyone could call it a weed. It's welcome in all my flower
beds, and makes itself at home right next to irises, daylilies, and roses.
I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing it bobbing in the breeze...
whether it's along a country road, or outside my kitchen window.


Here are the free graphics
& sources
used in my artwork:


*Antique Images*
Queen Anne's lace

*Old Design Shop*
Aged paper texture

*Vintage Feedsacks*
Label ~ "lace" pattern

*TuckDB*
Scalloped border

*The Sum of All Crafts*
Delicate rectangular label

*Lilac & Lavender*
Berry Seed Co. ephemera
 

"The whole world is a series of miracles,
but we're so used to them
we call them ordinary things."


~ Hans Christian Anderson ~


Thank you for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. They are absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! You're very welcome ~ happy to share :)

      Delete
  2. ....or inside my kitchen window. I love it too and you capture its delicate beauty so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely inside as well! Thank you... I searched your blog for "lace" and found this, which I just love :)

      "Now laughing down the dusty lane of ordinary meadows
      Hails Queen Ann’s Lace, daisy, flea-bane to tease commonplace shadows
      The garden sings with iris plume and lily-bloom companions
      The hummingbird and honey-bee drink deep from fragrant fountains"

      http://anotherporch.blogspot.com/2014/06/by-return-of-flowers.html

      Delete
  3. Thank you ,they are so adorable, and beautiful- I have saved them :-)
    You are so generous !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ I'm glad to hear you've saved them! I'll be using them to price items in my booth, which is a mix of rustic and refined... I think Queen Anne's lace is the perfect combination of both :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this. I love Queen Anne's lace. I live where it has been somewhat immortalized. I can hear the words of Anne of Green Gables saying, "This is the last of the Queen Anne's Lace", as she tucks a strand into Diana Barry's raven black hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that about Anne of Green Gables :) I think my daughter is at the right age to start reading the books... in fact, I'd like to read them too!

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! Thanks a lot. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm struggling with best way to print your beautiful, beautiful work. When I click on file to pint it tries to print pages from website vs just images. Any guidance is appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and thank you! In order to print, you might try saving the file first. Left click on the image, then right click and select "Save image as..." Hope this helps!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for being so generous. Sending love, joey

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa