Sunday, April 29, 2012

Such fine china...

“It's a wise husband who will buy his wife
 such fine china that she won't trust him to wash the dishes” 

~ Unknown author ~
1961 edition of Reader's Digest


Isn't that a great quote?  I couldn't figure out
who actually said it... probably a wise husband!

I loved these turn of the century images
of fine china, and thought you might too...
wouldn't they make pretty coasters?

I've reduced the size of the graphics
for 2 printables... have fun with them!

A few suggestions: 
gift tags, labels for homemade preserves,
stickers, envelope seals, tags for tea bags...
 



Here are my
free graphics sources:

*bumble button*

*The Graphics Fairy*
(only used as a divider in this post)

Thank you!!

Thank you so much
for stopping by!

"With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come!"
~ William Shakespeare ~

Hope you have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Megan! As a man and having these dishes, I too would let my wife wash these. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simplemente maravillosas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Clever quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for these gorgeous images.
    greetings from ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, that's good! Sounds like something my wise hubby might say...:)I've been reading L M Montgomery quotes since I saw the one you had posted.She was brilliant.
    Hope you had a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 01, 2012

    These are just so pretty and will work for lots of different things very useful. Thank you for sharing and for your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these, they are so pretty. Thank you again for all that you make available for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you are making with the graphics from my blog! Just beautiful. Thank you for always mentioning Bumble Button. Love Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for the beautiful china plates

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ciao troppo belle queste etichette complimenti vorrei essere cosi brava e imparare queste decorazioni con i fiori
    grazie
    jolavand@

    ReplyDelete
  11. These images reminded me of the time I was doing china painting.Really loved it. Saved my paints with the idea of doing more when I retired.Well ,I retired and so did the money, so I'll have to live vicariously thru you. So beautiful thanks for sharing,these should be pretty on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your images are so beautiful! I wish I had y grannys vintage books here!
    anyway I saw these and I thought of another usage... charms!! (for setting and cabochon) I will try them!!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your pictures, are amaizing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures, beautifully presented. Thank you so very much. Narnt

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa